Colourful, insightful, innovative, informed, memorable and compelling courses to develop the deep understanding required to solve today's problems
Mechanical Earth Modelling and Wellbore Stability Analysis
Course Summary: It is critical for drillers to have first-hand information on instability issues that may be encountered while drilling a well. This information can be obtained by carrying out mechanical earth modelling and wellbore stability analysis in which rock strengths, elastic properties, rock failure criteria, and mechanical stratigraphy of reservoir rocks are derived. Furthermore, resolution of the principal horizontal stresses is crucial to the designing of optimum well trajectories . These parameters are required to estimate the optimum mud window that would ensure incident free drilling. This course will give participants insights into potential wellbore instability issues encountered while drilling and how to mitigate the incidents
Who Should Attend:
• Wellsite & Operations Geologists
• Mud loggers
• Pore Pressure Engineers
• Reservoir & Petroleum Engineers
Courses include lunch. We have arranged a discounted room rate close to or at the venue and for overseas attendees we can assist you with a Visa application if necessary.
- Basic Petrophysical and Rock Physics Modelling of Wireline Logs - An introductory level course for petrophysical and rock physics analysis of wireline logs.
- Carbonate Reservoirs - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with carbonate depositional systems, microfacies and reservoir characterization.
- Deepwater Reservoirs - An in-depth course providing a background on the process sedimentology required to understand deepwater systems and recognize sediment gravity flows from sub-surface datasets
- Fundamentals of SEPAL - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with the key skills needed to effectivly utilise SEPAL.
- Geology For Non-Geologists - An introductory course providing an overview of basic geological principles and their application to business decisions.
- Geology of Reservoirs: from Basin to Pores - Designed to teach an in-depth understanding of reservoir geology, focusing on both the basin-scale geological features right down to the pore-scale geology and their effects on the reservoir.
- Play Fairway Analysis - This course is designed to teach the methods needed to integrate a play-based approach into an oil and gas exploration campaign to deliver more successful results.
- Real Time Geomechanics: Monitoring of Subsurface Pressures while Drilling - The focus of this course is on the techniques employed in carrying out real time pressure surveillance to minimise drilling hazards.
- Sand Control and Sand Management - It is estimated that sand production occurs in over 80% of sandstone reservoirs in the world. This course will provide a holistic approach to sand control and management.
- Seismic Facies Analysis and Sequence Stratigraphy – Getting more geology out of your seismic data - Designed to teach an understanding of seismic facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis, valuable tools for conducting play to prospect mapping and reservoir development.
- The 3-Day MBA workshop - A business course for entrepreneurs
- Understanding the E&P Business: From New Ventures to Abandonment - The focus of this course is to teach an understanding of the upstream oil and gas business with a strong focus on the role and value of integrating technical and non-technical disciplines
- Well Intervention Management for Brown Field Rejuvination - This 5 day training course has been designed to equip you with best practices, practical know-hows and tips in the planning and execution of well interventions.