Colourful, insightful, innovative, informed, memorable and compelling courses to develop the deep understanding required to solve today's problems
Well Intervention Management for Brown Field Rejuvination
Course Summary: Brown fields are characterized by declining oil production, high water cut, sand production, flow assurance challenges, well integrity issues and obsolete equipment. Thus, to reverse the declining production trend commonly experienced in brown fields, a holistic approach underpinned by a structured collaborative workflow in conjunction with the application of appropriate technology, is central to brown field rejuvenation initiative. The rejuvenation of such fields is achieved by the identification of low-performing wells, reservoirs and bottlenecked surface facilities, definition of a clear work scope of identified opportunities and progressing them through the well intervention funnel to execution phase. That said, if well interventions are not planned and performed correctly, the impact is usually negative on production, recovered reserves, hence, cashflow.
This course is designed to equip participants with the required knowledge to effectively plan and manage well intervention in order to achieve maximum success rate. Central to an effective intervention planning and execution is a collaborative framework involving the Asset team, Well Services, Service Contractors, Managers, Production Operations and the Industry’s Regulators. Participants will learn about their respective roles and responsibilities as part of an efficient interface framework.
The course shall emphasise on brown field characteristics, intervention maturation process, interface management, contractors management, conversion of proposals into executable programmes, types of interventions, associated equipment, safety aspects of intervention, well handover procedure, supervision and after action reviews with the capturing of ideas in the well intervention management system, to embed companywide knowhow. With these, participants will also acquire knowledge on how to develop an effective and efficient well intervention management model through the field lease cycle.
Specific case studies will be evaluated with the aid of innovative and industry standard software to demonstrate and reinforce learning on how to effectively plan and manage well interventions.
Who Should Attend: This course is designed specifically for Production Technologist, Intervention Engineers, Well Services Planners, Completion Engineers and Managers, Field maintenance Supervisors and Operators, Service companies and Safety professionals involved in the planning and execution of well interventions.
By attending this course, participants will gain the following:
- Best practice in well intervention methods.
- In-depth understanding of the well production process and implications for well intervention
- Learn risk management techniques of well intervention
- Learn interface management in the well intervention chain
- Acquire skills on data management and cataloguing of companywide experiences.
- Acquire awareness on the well intervention maturation funnel.
The following topics shall be covered:
Day 1: Overview of well intervention processes
- Well Life Cycle
- Well Intervention Objectives
- Well Services versus Well Intervention
- Well Intervention Equipment
- Evolution of Well Intervention Technologies
Day 2: Well Intervention Data Management System
- Geological Data
- Petrophysical Data
- Well Intervention History
- Initial Completion Data
- Well Schematic Data
- Software Application
Day 3: Contractor interface management in well intervention operations
- Proposal Generation
- Contractor Selection (Technical/Commercial Audit)
- Proposal Review
- Generation/Review of Programme
- Supervision of Workshop Testing of Equipment
Day 4: Well Intervention Execution and Reporting
- Execution Planning
- Technology Selection
- Mobilization Procedure
- Execution Supervision
- End of Job Reporting
- Close Out Review/Job Analysis
Day 5: Well Intervention Case Studies
- Case Study 1: Successful Intervention
- Case Study 2: Failed Intervention.
- Basic Petrophysical and Rock Physics Modelling of Wireline Logs - An introductory level course for petrophysical and rock physics analysis of wireline logs.
- Carbonate Reservoirs - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with carbonate depositional systems, microfacies and reservoir characterization.
- Deepwater Reservoirs - An in-depth course providing a background on the process sedimentology required to understand deepwater systems and recognize sediment gravity flows from sub-surface datasets
- Fundamentals of SEPAL - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with the key skills needed to effectivly utilise SEPAL.
- Geology For Non-Geologists - Reduce uncertainties and better management of oil and gas business risks.
- Geology of Reservoirs - How to find and produce more oil and gas in a low cost environment.
- Geology of Reservoirs: from Basin to Pores - Designed to teach an in-depth understanding of reservoir geology, focusing on both the basin-scale geological features right down to the pore-scale geology and their effects on the reservoir.
- How the E&P business really works. - The insight guide to fulfilling careers and successful businesses.
- Mechanical Earth Modelling and Wellbore Stability Analysis - An insight into potential wellbore instability issues encountered while drilling and how to mitigate the incidents
- Play Fairway Analysis - This course is designed to teach the methods needed to integrate a play-based approach into an oil and gas exploration campaign to deliver more successful results.
- Real Time Geomechanics: Monitoring of Subsurface Pressures while Drilling - The focus of this course is on the techniques employed in carrying out real time pressure surveillance to minimise drilling hazards.
- Sand Control and Sand Management - It is estimated that sand production occurs in over 80% of sandstone reservoirs in the world. This course will provide a holistic approach to sand control and management.
- Seismic Facies Analysis and Sequence Stratigraphy – Getting more geology out of your seismic data - Designed to teach an understanding of seismic facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis, valuable tools for conducting play to prospect mapping and reservoir development.
- Sequence Stratigraphy - Fundamentals and application to exploration production
- The 3-Day MBA workshop - A business course for entrepreneurs
- Understanding the E&P Business: From New Ventures to Abandonment - The focus of this course is to teach an understanding of the upstream oil and gas business with a strong focus on the role and value of integrating technical and non-technical disciplines