Colourful, insightful, innovative, informed, memorable and compelling courses to develop the deep understanding required to solve today's problems
Sand Control and Sand Management
Course Summary: It is estimated that sand production occurs in over 80% of sandstone reservoirs in the World. This has a great impact on well completion design and hydrocarbon production. Cost, applicability, production and integrity risks are the major controlling factors that determine successful sand control or management. This course will provide a holistic approach to sand control and management. At the end of this course, you will understand what sand production means, how it occurs and be able to provide best practices in sand production prediction and control.
Sub Themes Include:
- The effect of water breakthrough and reservoir pressure depletion on sand production
- Sand production in water injectors
- Sand monitoring and surveillance
- Sand detection, separation and disposal
Who Should Take the Course:
- Production or Process Engineers
- Completion or Petroleum Engineers
- Development Geologists or Reservoir Engineers involved in completion design, well construction and production management.
- Introduction to the course
- Revision of Geomechanics basics
- Rock strength from core and log data
- In situ stress and stresses around a wellbore
- Rock failure mechanisms
- Approaches to sand production prediction
- Overview of sand production issues and sand management options
- Discussion of sand production risk
- Sand production
- Effects of water breakthrough on sand production
- Sand failure in water injectors
- Sand control introduction
- Sand control design
- Sand control techniques
- Completion types and selection
- Sand control in horizontal wells
- Sampling sand from core for testing
- Sand management
- Physical basics for sand management
- Risk associated with sand management
- Applicability of sand management
- Hybrid completion techniques
- Surface sand management equipment and systems
- Sand trap,
- Sand catcher,
- Sand filter or
- Cyclonic desander
- Sand transport, separation, disposal and erosion modelling
- Sand monitoring and surveillance
Courses include lunch. We have arranged a discounted room rate close to or at the venue and for overseas attendees we can assist you with a Visa application if necessary.
- Basic Petrophysical and Rock Physics Modelling of Wireline Logs - An introductory level course for petrophysical and rock physics analysis of wireline logs.
- Carbonate Reservoirs - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with carbonate depositional systems, microfacies and reservoir characterization.
- Deepwater Reservoirs - An in-depth course providing a background on the process sedimentology required to understand deepwater systems and recognize sediment gravity flows from sub-surface datasets
- Fundamentals of SEPAL - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with the key skills needed to effectivly utilise SEPAL.
- Geology For Non-Geologists - An introductory course providing an overview of basic geological principles and their application to business decisions.
- Geology of Reservoirs: from Basin to Pores - Designed to teach an in-depth understanding of reservoir geology, focusing on both the basin-scale geological features right down to the pore-scale geology and their effects on the reservoir.
- Mechanical Earth Modelling and Wellbore Stability Analysis - An insight into potential wellbore instability issues encountered while drilling and how to mitigate the incidents
- Play Fairway Analysis - This course is designed to teach the methods needed to integrate a play-based approach into an oil and gas exploration campaign to deliver more successful results.
- Real Time Geomechanics: Monitoring of Subsurface Pressures while Drilling - The focus of this course is on the techniques employed in carrying out real time pressure surveillance to minimise drilling hazards.
- Seismic Facies Analysis and Sequence Stratigraphy – Getting more geology out of your seismic data - Designed to teach an understanding of seismic facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis, valuable tools for conducting play to prospect mapping and reservoir development.
- The 3-Day MBA workshop - A business course for entrepreneurs
- Understanding the E&P Business: From New Ventures to Abandonment - The focus of this course is to teach an understanding of the upstream oil and gas business with a strong focus on the role and value of integrating technical and non-technical disciplines
- Well Intervention Management for Brown Field Rejuvination - This 5 day training course has been designed to equip you with best practices, practical know-hows and tips in the planning and execution of well interventions.