Colourful, insightful, innovative, informed, memorable and compelling courses to develop the deep understanding required to solve today's problems
How the E&P business really works - The insight guide to successful businesses and fulfilling careers
Course Summary: The focus of this course is to teach an understanding of the upstream oil and gas business with a strong focus on the role and value of integrating technical and non-technical disciplines. It has been constructed to develop an understanding of the role of geology in exploration and the subsequent interplay of geology and engineering during the field development phase.
The course will also introduce the key economic and commercial considerations guiding oil and gas business decision making and the role and value of the many stakeholders involved in the business. The practical application of key business principles will serve participants in good stead in the course of their working lives whether as employees or entrepreneurs.
Who Should Take the Course: The course is designed for all who are either working or seeking to work on own businesses in the oil and gas sectors. It will benefit Engineers, Economist, accountants, managers etc in oil and gas companies, Service companies, Government agencies, Investment analysts and others.
What Business are we in?
Stakeholders - Governments, Society, Employees, Suppliers, Customers, the Planet
Energy to the people/Products
How E&P companies make money - introduction to Contracts, Value chain
Types of E&P Companies
Growth - organic or Inorganic
Externally or internally focussed
Funding: Asset back loans, Bonds, IPOs
Play Based Exploration
Farm ins, Licensing, Direct Contracts
Merger & Acquisition
V. Creation: Technical Considerations
Geology of E&P
Introduction to Drilling & Well Engineering
Introduction to petrophysics
Introduction to Reservoir Engineering
Introduction to FEED - Front End Engineering and Design
Introduction to Health & Safety Considerations
Marketing & Public Relations
Petroleum Contracts and Economics
How revenue splitting works
Review and Recap
Courses include lunch. We have arranged a discounted room rate close to or at the venue and for overseas attendees we can assist you with a Visa application if necessary.
- Deepwater Reservoirs - In depth guide to finding and developing more oil and gas reservoirs - An in-depth course providing a background on the process sedimentology required to understand deepwater systems and recognize sediment gravity flows from sub-surface datasets
- Fundamentals of SEPAL - your digital WRFM solutions platform - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with the key skills needed to effectivly utilise SEPAL.
- Geology For Non-Geologists - Reduce uncertainties and better management of oil and gas business risks - Reduce uncertainties and better management of oil and gas business risks.
- Geology of Reservoirs - How to find and produce more oil and gas in a low-cost environment. - How to find and produce more oil and gas in a low-cost environment.
- Play Fairway Analysis - the definitive guide to successful exploration - This course is designed to teach the methods needed to integrate a play-based approach into an oil and gas exploration campaign to deliver more successful results.
- Seismic Facies Analysis and Sequence Stratigraphy – Getting more geology out of your seismic data - Designed to teach an understanding of seismic facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis, valuable tools for conducting play to prospect mapping and reservoir development.