Colourful, insightful, innovative, informed, memorable and compelling courses to develop the deep understanding required to solve today's problems
Geology of Reservoirs - How to find and produce more oil and gas in a low-cost environment.
Course Summary: A strong understanding of reservoir geology is key to finding new oil and maximizing production from existing assets. This course has been designed to teach an in-depth understanding of reservoir geology, focusing on the basin-scale geological features right down to the pore-scale geology and their effects on the reservoir. Participants will improve their reservoir prediction and characterization skills, appreciate the basin and pore scale controls on reservoir quality and their implication on reducing subsurface uncertainties and managing risks.
Who Should Take the Course: The course is devised for geoscientists and reservoir engineers of all levels of experience who wish to enhance their knowledge of reservoir geology.
Basin Scale Considerations
- Structural influence on depositional systems
- Interpreting gross depositional environments
- Integrated seismo-sequence stratigraphic interpretation
- Prediction of reservoir size, shape, trend, quality
- Analysis of clastic & carbonate depositional systems
- Sedimentary controls on porosity, permeability, saturation
- Interpret clastic depositional environments using log data data
- Carbonates - Diagenesis, porosity evolution, and porosity distribution at the time of burial
- Integrated geological reservoir modelling
- Understanding production geology
Courses include lunch. We have arranged a discounted room rate close to or at the venue and for overseas attendees we can assist you with a Visa application if necessary.
- Deepwater Reservoirs - In depth guide to finding and developing more oil and gas reservoirs - An in-depth course providing a background on the process sedimentology required to understand deepwater systems and recognize sediment gravity flows from sub-surface datasets
- Fundamentals of SEPAL - your digital WRFM solutions platform - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with the key skills needed to effectivly utilise SEPAL.
- Geology For Non-Geologists - Reduce uncertainties and better management of oil and gas business risks - Reduce uncertainties and better management of oil and gas business risks.
- How the E&P business really works - The insight guide to successful businesses and fulfilling careers - The insight guide to fulfilling careers and successful businesses.
- Play Fairway Analysis - the definitive guide to successful exploration - This course is designed to teach the methods needed to integrate a play-based approach into an oil and gas exploration campaign to deliver more successful results.
- Seismic Facies Analysis and Sequence Stratigraphy – Getting more geology out of your seismic data - Designed to teach an understanding of seismic facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis, valuable tools for conducting play to prospect mapping and reservoir development.