Colourful, insightful, innovative, informed, memorable and compelling courses to develop the deep understanding required to solve today's problems
Play Fairway Analysis - the definitive guide to successful exploration
Course Summary: This course is designed to teach the methods needed to integrate a play-based approach into an oil and gas exploration campaign to deliver more successful results. The switch of focus by many companies, from searching for individual prospects to looking for successful plays allows explorers to quickly identify new opportunities (resulting in more efficient exploration campaigns). The focus of this course is making play maps that aid sound business decisions based on good geology.
Who Should Take the Course: The course Is designed for geoscience professionals with a wide range of experience (new industry entrants to more experienced geoscientists) who wish to gain a greater understanding of how to approach exploration from a play-based viewpoint and how to effectively go about assigning appropriate risk to plays.
- What is play-based exploration
- Its Role in E&P Business process
- Global patterns of discovery – probability of success and discovery size through time
- Tectonic Framework, Sequence Stratigraphy, Gross Depositional Enviroment mapping
- Basis Fill and Evolution: Structural Development, Source Rock, Reservoir and Seal
- Structural Domains: timing, size, style, distribution, lead spacing
- Petroleum System Analysis
- Play Definition; trap, charge, seal and reservoir
- Play distribution - areal
- Play Test analysis
- Play Segment mapping
- Confidence level testing
- Play PoS
Leads & Prospects
- Leads generation
- Subsurface evaluation
- Risks and Volumetrics – Yet- to-Find and Field Size Distribution
- Prospect Portfolio and Venture Planning
- Economics & Commercial
- Organisational and political
Courses include lunch. We have arranged a discounted room rate close to or at the venue and for overseas attendees we can assist you with a Visa application if necessary.
- Deepwater Reservoirs - In depth guide to finding and developing more oil and gas reservoirs - An in-depth course providing a background on the process sedimentology required to understand deepwater systems and recognize sediment gravity flows from sub-surface datasets
- Fundamentals of SEPAL - your digital WRFM solutions platform - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with the key skills needed to effectivly utilise SEPAL.
- Geology For Non-Geologists - Reduce uncertainties and better management of oil and gas business risks - Reduce uncertainties and better management of oil and gas business risks.
- Geology of Reservoirs - How to find and produce more oil and gas in a low-cost environment. - How to find and produce more oil and gas in a low-cost environment.
- How the E&P business really works - The insight guide to successful businesses and fulfilling careers - The insight guide to fulfilling careers and successful businesses.
- Seismic Facies Analysis and Sequence Stratigraphy – Getting more geology out of your seismic data - Designed to teach an understanding of seismic facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis, valuable tools for conducting play to prospect mapping and reservoir development.