Colourful, insightful, innovative, informed, memorable and compelling courses to develop the deep understanding required to solve today's geological problems
Play Fairway Analysis
Course Summary: This course is designed to teach the methods needed to integrate a play-based approach into an oil and gas exploration campaign to deliver more successful results. The switch of focus by many companies, from searching for individual prospects to looking for successful plays allows explorers to quickly identify new opportunities. Resulting in more efficient exploration campaigns. The focus of this course in making play maps that aid sound business decisions based on good geology.
Who Should Take the Course: The course Is designed for geoscience professionals with a wide range of experience (new industry entrants to more experienced geoscientists) who wish to gain a greater understanding of how to approach exploration from a play-based viewpoint and how to effectively go about assigning appropriate risk to plays.
- What is play-based exploration
- Its Role in E&P Business process
- Global patterns of discovery – probability of success and discovery size through time
- Tectonic Framework, Sequence Stratigraphy, Gross Depositional Enviroment mapping
- Basis Fill and Evolution: Structural Development, Source Rock, Reservoir and Seal
- Structural Domains: timing, size, style, distribution, lead spacing
- Petroleum System Analysis
- Play Definition; trap, charge, seal and reservoir
- Play distribution - areal
- Play Test analysis
- Play Segment mapping
- Confidence level testing
- Play PoS
Leads & Prospects
- Leads generation
- Subsurface evaluation
- Risks and Volumetrics – Yet- to-Find and Field Size Distribution
- Prospect Portfolio and Venture Planning
- Economics & Commercial
- Organisational and political
Courses include lunch. We have arranged a discounted room rate close to or at the venue and for overseas attendees we can assist you with a Visa application if necessary.
- Basic Petrophysical and Rock Physics Modelling of Wireline Logs - An introductory level course for petrophysical and rock physics analysis of wireline logs.
- Carbonate Reservoirs - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with carbonate depositional systems, microfacies and reservoir characterization.
- Deepwater Reservoirs - An in-depth course providing a background on the process sedimentology required to understand deepwater systems and recognize sediment gravity flows from sub-surface datasets
- Fundamentals of SEPAL - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with the key skills needed to effectivly utilise SEPAL.
- Geology For Non-Geologists - An introductory course providing an overview of basic geological principles and their application to business decisions.
- Geology of Reservoirs: from Basin to Pores - Designed to teach an in-depth understanding of reservoir geology, focusing on both the basin-scale geological features right down to the pore-scale geology and their effects on the reservoir.
- Mechanical Earth Modelling and Wellbore Stability Analysis - An insight into potential wellbore instability issues encountered while drilling and how to mitigate the incidents
- Real Time Geomechanics: Monitoring of Subsurface Pressures while Drilling - The focus of this course is on the techniques employed in carrying out real time pressure surveillance to minimise drilling hazards.
- Sand Control and Sand Management - It is estimated that sand production occurs in over 80% of sandstone reservoirs in the world. This course will provide a holistic approach to sand control and management.
- Seismic Facies Analysis and Sequence Stratigraphy – Getting more geology out of your seismic data - Designed to teach an understanding of seismic facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis, valuable tools for conducting play to prospect mapping and reservoir development.
- Understanding the E&P Business: From New Ventures to Abandonment - The focus of this course is to teach an understanding of the upstream oil and gas business with a strong focus on the role and value of integrating technical and non-technical disciplines
- Well Intervention Management for Brown Field Rejuvination - This 5 day training course has been designed to equip you with best practices, practical know-hows and tips in the planning and execution of well interventions.