Colourful, insightful, innovative, informed, memorable and compelling courses to develop the deep understanding required to solve today's problems
Geology of Reservoirs: from Basin to Pores
Course Summary: A strong understanding of reservoir geology is key to maximising production from all oil and gas fields. In this current price environment, with exploration budgets slashed, it is important for companies to make sure they are getting the best possible return from their existing fields. This course has been designed to teach an in-depth understanding of reservoir geology, focusing on both the basin-scale geological features right down to the pore-scale geology and their effects on the reservoir. With focuses on predicting reservoir architecture from the sedimentology, reservoir characterisation and volumetric calculations and uncertainties
Who Should Take the Course: The course is devised for geoscientists and reservoir engineers of all levels of experience who wish to enhance their knowledge of reservoir geology.
Basin Scale Considerations
- Structural influence on depositional systems
- Interpreting gross depositional environments
- Integrated seismo-sequence stratigraphic interpretation
- Prediction of reservoir size, shape, trend, quality
- Analysis of clastic & carbonate depositional systems
- Sedimentary controls on porosity, permeability, saturation
- Interpret clastic depositional environments using log data data
- Carbonates - Diagenesis, porosity evolution, and porosity distribution at the time of burial
- Integrated geological reservoir modelling
- Understanding production geology
Courses include lunch. We have arranged a discounted room rate close to or at the venue and for overseas attendees we can assist you with a Visa application if necessary.
- Basic Petrophysical and Rock Physics Modelling of Wireline Logs - An introductory level course for petrophysical and rock physics analysis of wireline logs.
- Carbonate Reservoirs - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with carbonate depositional systems, microfacies and reservoir characterization.
- Deepwater Reservoirs - An in-depth course providing a background on the process sedimentology required to understand deepwater systems and recognize sediment gravity flows from sub-surface datasets
- Fundamentals of SEPAL - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with the key skills needed to effectivly utilise SEPAL.
- Geology For Non-Geologists - Reduce uncertainties and better management of oil and gas business risks.
- Geology of Reservoirs - How to find and produce more oil and gas in a low cost environment.
- How the E&P business really works. - The insight guide to fulfilling careers and successful businesses.
- Mechanical Earth Modelling and Wellbore Stability Analysis - An insight into potential wellbore instability issues encountered while drilling and how to mitigate the incidents
- Play Fairway Analysis - This course is designed to teach the methods needed to integrate a play-based approach into an oil and gas exploration campaign to deliver more successful results.
- Real Time Geomechanics: Monitoring of Subsurface Pressures while Drilling - The focus of this course is on the techniques employed in carrying out real time pressure surveillance to minimise drilling hazards.
- Sand Control and Sand Management - It is estimated that sand production occurs in over 80% of sandstone reservoirs in the world. This course will provide a holistic approach to sand control and management.
- Seismic Facies Analysis and Sequence Stratigraphy – Getting more geology out of your seismic data - Designed to teach an understanding of seismic facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis, valuable tools for conducting play to prospect mapping and reservoir development.
- Sequence Stratigraphy - Fundamentals and application to exploration production
- The 3-Day MBA workshop - A business course for entrepreneurs
- Understanding the E&P Business: From New Ventures to Abandonment - The focus of this course is to teach an understanding of the upstream oil and gas business with a strong focus on the role and value of integrating technical and non-technical disciplines
- Well Intervention Management for Brown Field Rejuvination - This 5 day training course has been designed to equip you with best practices, practical know-hows and tips in the planning and execution of well interventions.