Colourful, insightful, innovative, informed, memorable and compelling courses to develop the deep understanding required to solve today's geological problems
Seismic Facies Analysis and Sequence Stratigraphy – Getting more geology out of your seismic data
Course Summary: Getting the most information from available seismic data is a key task for a successful oil and gas company. This course has been designed to teach a detailed understanding of seismic facies and sequence stratigraphy analysis, incredibly valuable tools for maximising returns when conducting play to prospect mapping and reservoir development. It focuses on interpretation of facies from seismic and logs as well as the application of sequence stratigraphic models to real data.
Who Should Take the Course: This course has been created for geoscientists with a working knowledge of seismic facies & sequence stratigraphic analysis who want to take their expertise to the next level.
Course Price: $4170 / £3080
- Seismic ‘approximating’ gross bedding
- Seismic surfaces
- Reflection terminations and terminology
- Rift, foreland, strike slip, passive margin etc.
- Subsidence/sediment supply characteristics
- Megasequences and megasequence boundaries
- Surfaces facies changes, diachroneity/synchronicity
- Marine/coastal onlap, coastal onlap and sealevel etc
- Quantitative chronostratigraphy
- The Exxon model
- Relative Sealevel and shelf accommodation
- Sequence Boundaries and Flooding surfaces
- Systems Tracts
- Sequence strat and seismic
Sequence Stratigraphy and Well Logs
- How to recognise sequences and systems tracts on well logs
- Pitfalls of log interpretation
- Carbonate structures - Barrier reefs, platforms, atolls etc.
- Carbonate Sequence Stratigraphy
Courses include lunch. We have arranged a discounted room rate close to or at the venue and for overseas attendees we can assist you with a Visa application if necessary.
- Basic Petrophysical and Rock Physics Modelling of Wireline Logs - An introductory level course for petrophysical and rock physics analysis of wireline logs.
- Carbonate Reservoirs - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with carbonate depositional systems, microfacies and reservoir characterization.
- Deepwater Reservoirs - An in-depth course providing a background on the process sedimentology required to understand deepwater systems and recognize sediment gravity flows from sub-surface datasets
- Fundamentals of SEPAL - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with the key skills needed to effectivly utilise SEPAL.
- Geology For Non-Geologists - An introductory course providing an overview of basic geological principles and their application to business decisions.
- Geology of Reservoirs: from Basin to Pores - Designed to teach an in-depth understanding of reservoir geology, focusing on both the basin-scale geological features right down to the pore-scale geology and their effects on the reservoir.
- Mechanical Earth Modelling and Wellbore Stability Analysis - An insight into potential wellbore instability issues encountered while drilling and how to mitigate the incidents
- Play Fairway Analysis - This course is designed to teach the methods needed to integrate a play-based approach into an oil and gas exploration campaign to deliver more successful results.
- Real Time Geomechanics: Monitoring of Subsurface Pressures while Drilling - The focus of this course is on the techniques employed in carrying out real time pressure surveillance to minimise drilling hazards.
- Sand Control and Sand Management - It is estimated that sand production occurs in over 80% of sandstone reservoirs in the world. This course will provide a holistic approach to sand control and management.
- Understanding the E&P Business: From New Ventures to Abandonment - The focus of this course is to teach an understanding of the upstream oil and gas business with a strong focus on the role and value of integrating technical and non-technical disciplines
- Well Intervention Management for Brown Field Rejuvination - This 5 day training course has been designed to equip you with best practices, practical know-hows and tips in the planning and execution of well interventions.