Colourful, insightful, innovative, informed, memorable and compelling courses to develop the deep understanding required to solve today's problems
Seismic Facies Analysis and Sequence Stratigraphy – Getting more geology out of your seismic data
Course Summary: Getting the most information from available seismic data is a key task for a successful oil and gas company. This course has been designed to teach a detailed understanding of seismic facies and sequence stratigraphy analysis, incredibly valuable tools for maximising returns when conducting play to prospect mapping and reservoir development. It focuses on interpretation of facies from seismic and logs as well as the application of sequence stratigraphic models to real data.
Who Should Take the Course: This course has been created for geoscientists with a working knowledge of seismic facies & sequence stratigraphic analysis who want to take their expertise to the next level.
Course Price: $4170 / £3080
- Seismic ‘approximating’ gross bedding
- Seismic surfaces
- Reflection terminations and terminology
- Rift, foreland, strike slip, passive margin etc.
- Subsidence/sediment supply characteristics
- Megasequences and megasequence boundaries
- Surfaces facies changes, diachroneity/synchronicity
- Marine/coastal onlap, coastal onlap and sealevel etc
- Quantitative chronostratigraphy
- The Exxon model
- Relative Sealevel and shelf accommodation
- Sequence Boundaries and Flooding surfaces
- Systems Tracts
- Sequence strat and seismic
Sequence Stratigraphy and Well Logs
- How to recognise sequences and systems tracts on well logs
- Pitfalls of log interpretation
- Carbonate structures - Barrier reefs, platforms, atolls etc.
- Carbonate Sequence Stratigraphy
Courses include lunch. We have arranged a discounted room rate close to or at the venue and for overseas attendees we can assist you with a Visa application if necessary.
- Deepwater Reservoirs - In depth guide to finding and developing more oil and gas reservoirs - An in-depth course providing a background on the process sedimentology required to understand deepwater systems and recognize sediment gravity flows from sub-surface datasets
- Fundamentals of SEPAL - your digital WRFM solutions platform - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with the key skills needed to effectivly utilise SEPAL.
- Geology For Non-Geologists - Reduce uncertainties and better management of oil and gas business risks - Reduce uncertainties and better management of oil and gas business risks.
- Geology of Reservoirs - How to find and produce more oil and gas in a low-cost environment. - How to find and produce more oil and gas in a low-cost environment.
- How the E&P business really works - The insight guide to successful businesses and fulfilling careers - The insight guide to fulfilling careers and successful businesses.
- Play Fairway Analysis - the definitive guide to successful exploration - This course is designed to teach the methods needed to integrate a play-based approach into an oil and gas exploration campaign to deliver more successful results.