Colourful, insightful, innovative, informed, memorable and compelling courses to develop the deep understanding required to solve today's geological problems
Understanding the E&P Business: From New Ventures to Abandonment
Course Summary: The focus of this course is to teach an understanding of the upstream oil and gas business with a strong focus on the role and value of integrating technical and non-technical disciplines. It has been constructed to develop an understanding of the role of geology in exploration and the subsequent interplay of geology and engineering during to the field development phase. All the way through to the decommissioning and final abandonment. With a focus on commonly used geology and engineering processes, such as seismic and log interpretation, volumetric estimation and risking, field development plans and production drilling.
Who Should Take the Course: The course is designed for new entrants into the oil and gas industry coming from a geology or engineering background, or more experienced professionals who want to develop a greater understanding of the overall industry.
- Opportunity identification
- Elements of petroleum environment
- Play to prospect
- Concessions and contracts
- Find and define an asset
- Appraise an opportunity
- Build a field development plan
- Facilities: gas, oil, design, construction, processing, maintenance, decommissioning
- Company/industry processes and procedures
Courses include lunch. We have arranged a discounted room rate close to or at the venue and for overseas attendees we can assist you with a Visa application if necessary.
- Basic Petrophysical and Rock Physics Modelling of Wireline Logs - An introductory level course for petrophysical and rock physics analysis of wireline logs.
- Carbonate Reservoirs - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with carbonate depositional systems, microfacies and reservoir characterization.
- Deepwater Reservoirs - An in-depth course providing a background on the process sedimentology required to understand deepwater systems and recognize sediment gravity flows from sub-surface datasets
- Fundamentals of SEPAL - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with the key skills needed to effectivly utilise SEPAL.
- Geology For Non-Geologists - An introductory course providing an overview of basic geological principles and their application to business decisions.
- Geology of Reservoirs: from Basin to Pores - Designed to teach an in-depth understanding of reservoir geology, focusing on both the basin-scale geological features right down to the pore-scale geology and their effects on the reservoir.
- Mechanical Earth Modelling and Wellbore Stability Analysis - An insight into potential wellbore instability issues encountered while drilling and how to mitigate the incidents
- Play Fairway Analysis - This course is designed to teach the methods needed to integrate a play-based approach into an oil and gas exploration campaign to deliver more successful results.
- Real Time Geomechanics: Monitoring of Subsurface Pressures while Drilling - The focus of this course is on the techniques employed in carrying out real time pressure surveillance to minimise drilling hazards.
- Sand Control and Sand Management - It is estimated that sand production occurs in over 80% of sandstone reservoirs in the world. This course will provide a holistic approach to sand control and management.
- Seismic Facies Analysis and Sequence Stratigraphy – Getting more geology out of your seismic data - Designed to teach an understanding of seismic facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis, valuable tools for conducting play to prospect mapping and reservoir development.
- Well Intervention Management for Brown Field Rejuvination - This 5 day training course has been designed to equip you with best practices, practical know-hows and tips in the planning and execution of well interventions.