Colourful, insightful, innovative, informed, memorable and compelling courses to develop the deep understanding required to solve today's problems
Fundamentals of SEPAL
This is an in-depth course designed to give the attendees a comprehensive knowledge of the SEPAL (Structured Engineering Presentation & Analyses Library) software suite.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for engineers, managers and other staff members who are looking to improve their working knowledge of SEPAL to get the most out of the software.
General Introduction to SEPAL
- Objective and class expectation.
- Introduction to SEPAL.
- Why SEPAL?
- SEPAL Administration.
- Well schematic.
- Well objective/ types.
- Drawing well schematic.
- Depths reference/managing depth reference.
- Entering well history.
- Various options in SEPAL for updating well schematics.
- Generating well penetration chart.
- Custom report in SEPAL.
- Working with SEPAL query.
- Asset explorer.
Reservoir Analysis Module
- Objective of reservoir analysis.
- Reservoir analysis in SEPAL.
- Entering contact information from logs.
- Entering PVT information.
- Working with PVT correlations.
- Production data visualisation.
- Material balance simulation.
- Querying SEPAL reservoir.
- IPR/VLP concept.
- Application of tool for System Analysis (demonstration of IPR/VLP using SEPAL.)
- Use of IPR/VLP for diagnosis (skin effect, depletion, tubing constraint etc.)
- Estimation of gain (e.g. simulation, water shut-off etc.)
- Concept of Production Optimisation.
- Well evaluation.
- Production Optimisation using SEPAL.
- Well intervention processes.
- Exercises using SEPAL.
Courses include lunch. We have arranged a discounted room rate close to or at the venue and for overseas attendees we can assist you with a Visa application if necessary.
- Basic Petrophysical and Rock Physics Modelling of Wireline Logs - An introductory level course for petrophysical and rock physics analysis of wireline logs.
- Carbonate Reservoirs - A comprehensive course familiarizing attendees with carbonate depositional systems, microfacies and reservoir characterization.
- Deepwater Reservoirs - An in-depth course providing a background on the process sedimentology required to understand deepwater systems and recognize sediment gravity flows from sub-surface datasets
- Geology For Non-Geologists - Reduce uncertainties and better management of oil and gas business risks.
- Geology of Reservoirs - How to find and produce more oil and gas in a low cost environment.
- Geology of Reservoirs: from Basin to Pores - Designed to teach an in-depth understanding of reservoir geology, focusing on both the basin-scale geological features right down to the pore-scale geology and their effects on the reservoir.
- How the E&P business really works. - The insight guide to fulfilling careers and successful businesses.
- Mechanical Earth Modelling and Wellbore Stability Analysis - An insight into potential wellbore instability issues encountered while drilling and how to mitigate the incidents
- Play Fairway Analysis - This course is designed to teach the methods needed to integrate a play-based approach into an oil and gas exploration campaign to deliver more successful results.
- Real Time Geomechanics: Monitoring of Subsurface Pressures while Drilling - The focus of this course is on the techniques employed in carrying out real time pressure surveillance to minimise drilling hazards.
- Sand Control and Sand Management - It is estimated that sand production occurs in over 80% of sandstone reservoirs in the world. This course will provide a holistic approach to sand control and management.
- Seismic Facies Analysis and Sequence Stratigraphy – Getting more geology out of your seismic data - Designed to teach an understanding of seismic facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis, valuable tools for conducting play to prospect mapping and reservoir development.
- Sequence Stratigraphy - Fundamentals and application to exploration production
- The 3-Day MBA workshop - A business course for entrepreneurs
- Understanding the E&P Business: From New Ventures to Abandonment - The focus of this course is to teach an understanding of the upstream oil and gas business with a strong focus on the role and value of integrating technical and non-technical disciplines
- Well Intervention Management for Brown Field Rejuvination - This 5 day training course has been designed to equip you with best practices, practical know-hows and tips in the planning and execution of well interventions.